hunting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any tips or advice on getting permission??

3 posters

Go down

Any tips or advice on getting permission?? Empty Any tips or advice on getting permission??

Post  PUG-N-POLO Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:39 pm

Hi, danny here and im new to the game!!
I was told getting permission is the hardest thing to get and only now do i understand why they said this.
I have asked a few private land owners for permission and been refused by every single one!
I am using edgar bros mod.75 camo .22 rifle with a nikko sterling scope. Could that have anything to do with it????

Any tips or usefull info would be appreciated! thanks, danny

PUG-N-POLO

Back to top Go down

Any tips or advice on getting permission?? Empty Re: Any tips or advice on getting permission??

Post  Admin Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:39 pm

Fishing ponds. Every body that has a fishing pond has trouble with rats. Go to a fishing pond that you know has rats a couple of times and then say, I see you have trouble with rats, is there any chance I can come and get rid of them for you with my airgun. If they say no, keep going to the pond fishing, sooner or later, he will give you permission, because he has got to know you.

One landowner knows another landowner and that's how it starts. If you shoot responsibly, word of mouth will get you more land to shoot.

Admin
Admin

https://nightvision.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Any tips or advice on getting permission?? Empty permission

Post  andy Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:41 am

Hi there.
When i first started to ask for permission, I asked at about 11 farms and got knocked back on them all.
The last one i asked at said sorry no thanks, I said ok thanks very much for your time ... and started to walk away, He said hold on a minuite and said go on then.
The thing is they dont know you from adam
Be very polite and you never know .
I also know that visiting so many farms and getting so many knock backs can demoralize you ,But keep at it and it will pay off , And as pete says when they trust you word of mouth will get you some more permissions.
Keep it up and your percistance will pay off ..
I dont think your gun would have anything to do with it , But when i go looking, I go dressed in a shirt and trousers , looking very smart ..... after all your there to make an impression make it a good one .
Hope this helps you atb andy

andy

Back to top Go down

Any tips or advice on getting permission?? Empty Re: Any tips or advice on getting permission??

Post  PUG-N-POLO Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:14 am

THANKS GUYS, I NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT PONDS. I USED TO DO A FAIR BIT OF FISHING AT A NUMBER OF PONDS IN SHEFFIELD AND BARNSLEY AND GET ON WELL WITH A FEW OF THE BAILIFFS. lOOKS LIKE A WEEKEND OF FISHING IS IN STORE THEN JUST AS SOON AS I RENEW MY FISHING LICENCE!!! JUST ABOUT EVERY POND I FISH ON I SEE RATS BUT NEVER PUT 2 AND 2 TOGETHER!!! THANKS FOR YOUR HELP GUYS ILL KEEP YOU POSTED!!!!! Very Happy DANNY!

PUG-N-POLO

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:33 am

Hope you get yourself sorted with some permission

Admin
Admin

https://nightvision.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down